Welcome to Peralassery Subramanya Swamy Temple Famous for snake worship, hen’s eggs are the main offerings in the temple. The annual Kodiyettam festival is a key attraction here and usually falls in December. The traditional temple art forms like Thayambaka, Irattathayambaka, Chakyarkoothu, Pattakam Ottan Thullal, and Kathakali are performed in the temple during festival seasons. A visit to the temple during this time will leave you elated and spiritually energized.
The temple pond is a source of wonder for all devotees, and taking a dip is considered sacred. This rectangular pond has an impressive architecture with countless steps leading into the pool from all the four sides. The local belief is that on the day of Thulam Sankramam, water from the Cauvery will reach the well of temple pond. This temple, renowned for its architectural splendour and legends, is a must-visit destination.
Our Latest Events
Our Temple Rules
- Salvar sets and other modern dresses are not allowed for women.
- Do not smoke or spit inside the Temple.
- Do not use or carry pan masala and such other things inside the Temple.
- Do not throw away the prasadam and theertham received from the Temple. Handle them with respect.
- Do not enter the Temple or Temple premises after consuming liquor.
- Cameras, mobile phones, and any other type of electronic equipments are not permitted inside the Temple.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in the Temple premises.